The apps listed below are compulsory for all years 2 to 12 students (Junior Bible is for Years 2 - 5).
App Quick Links
We recommend parents use Apple iTunes gift cards to purchase the required core apps and not a credit card. Many retail outlets regularly discount the price of Apple iTunes gift cards throughout the year. Gift Cards on Sale is one website that has been designed to easily find the best gift card deals and promotions. Using Apple iTunes gift cards also prevents the need to attach your credit card to your child's Apple ID.
Open the App store, on your iPad by clicking on the app.
- Click on the 'Featured' button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click 'Account'.
- If it does not show your email address, select 'Sign in'.
- Sign in using your Apple ID email and password.
- Tap the Redeem button to enter your Apple iTunes gift card reference number to redeem your Apple iTunes gift cards.
- You are now ready to search and download app, music, iBooks, videos etc. directly to your iPad.
Launch iTunes, then the iTunes Store (top right) on a PC or Mac.
Select Send iTunes Gifts from Quick links section on the section on the right.
Scroll down to Learn more about Gifting section and click on Set up an allowance under the Allowance section.
- Enter the requested information, including your name, the recipients amount, the allowance amount, and so forth. If prompted, sign into the iTunes Store to complete the process.
Restriction limit the way the iPad can be used. For example you are able to select how soon after entering your App Store or iTunes password you will be prompted to enter it again if purchasing an app or other iTunes content. The restrictions are protected through the use of a passcode. This passcode must not be forgotten as it is the only way to access these settings after it has been set. To find out more about iPad Restrictions: http://support.apple.com/kb/
The following is a guide as to recommended settings. Be aware that adjusting some of the other restriction settings may affect the way the iPad works.
1. Select Settings -> General -> Restictions -> turn In-App Purchases OFF then select ->Require Password -> select Immediately.
Require Password: This setting controls how soon after entering your App Store or iTunes password you will be prompted to enter it again if purchasing an app or other iTunes content. There are two options – Immediately or 15 minutes. This is very useful if you have an iPad managed by a parent/guardian – as children figure out very quickly the password still works right after installing an app (if you don’t have this setting set to Immediately).
Note: After an iOS upgrade, the restrictions will likely need to be set again or they will go back to the factory set standard of unrestricted and 15 minutes. The restrictions have to be set on each device - not on the iTunes account.
- Open your email which contains the gifted app on your iPad.
- Click on the 'redeem' button within the email body
- Once you have clicked on the 'redeem' button, the app store will automatically open.
- You will then be asked to enter your Apple ID password
- Enter your Apple ID password and the gifted app will begin to download onto your iPad.
Note: once you have redeemed a gifted app, the app is connected to your Apple ID and you therefore have ownership of that app.