ICT can be used as a tool and an environment for learning in a range of different ways. At Redlands College, we summarise the range of uses as 5 Cs. Students also use their iPad as a self-management tool.
As a broad guide, we have the following goals for the iPad programme in 2011-14.
iPads will be used to facilitate learning by allowing students to:
- access, use, create and publish digital and online information
- develop knowledge, understanding and skills through creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving
- collaborate with others
- communicate, in a variety of ways, their knowledge and learning experiences.
- Students will use the iPad as a tool to manage their work and learning.
- Students will develop age-appropriate ICT skills and understandings, including the responsibilities of online citizenship.
Students will accept responsibility for:
- their personal actions when using ICT
- the care and functionality of their iPad.