iPad Programme 2017: Summary Sheet
At Redlands College, students use iPads as their core learning technology. Subjects with specialist ICT requirements also have access to technologies designed to address specific learning requirements.
Parents of students in Years 2 to 12 supply an iPad as standard school equipment. The College makes iPads available for each student to use in Prep and Year 1.
The minimum requirements for a parent-supplied iPad:
- a full sized 32GB iPad i.e. it must not be an iPad mini.
- a recent iPad capable of running the latest iOS i.e. iPad 4th generation, iPad Air, iPad Air 2 or iPad Pro. Typically, this means replacing iPads after two years of use.
- a WiFi only model to reduce cost to parents and to ensure internet traffic at the College is filtered.
Families make their own decisions about where and how to purchase iPads.
- Subject specific and/or year level apps will be purchased by the College and gifted to your child via their school email account.
• Extended warranty and robust case:
we recommend the purchase of an extended warranty e.g. Apple Care+
. We strongly recommend a robust case to minimise potential damage, for example, the Griffin Survivor and the LifeProof cases are both highly effective.
How to Set up an iPad
To set up your child’s iPad for the first time, please go to ‘iPad Setup’ from the top menu bar, then select Set-up my iPad
IT Support hours:
Term time: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday.
College holidays: Appointment only.
Please note, the IT department will be closed from Friday the 23rd of December until Wednesday 4th of January.
IT Support voicemail (07) 3286 0502
To make an appointment, please leave a message on the IT support voicemail and an IT staff member will endeavour to contact you within one working day.
IT support, located at the back of K Block